STONEWALL & AREA MOBILITY SERVICES
The Stonewall & Area Mobility Services (SAMS) provides door to door transportation to seniors and persons with mobility concerns who live in the RM of Rockwood (south half), RM of Rosser, RM of Woodlands, and the Town of Stonewall. Service is available to any individual who:
- uses a wheelchair or mobility aid (walker, cane)
- lives with a cognitive disability
- is visually impaired to the extent that he/she cannot operate a motor vehicle
- is hearing impaired to the extent that he/she cannot operate a motor vehicle
- has lost his/her driver’s license due to a medical problem (i.e. seizures, etc.)
- has a physical impairment which prevents him/her from operating a motor vehicle, either on a temporary, or permanent basis.
Service will be provided on an equitable basis to all eligible persons. Requests for transportation will be handled on a first call, first served basis.
SAMS operates two 14 passenger buses, one 6 passenger van, and one 3 passenger minivan. All of SAMS vehicles will comfortably accommodate any special transportation need. Our buses are designed so that passengers can enter either through a regular bus door or by means of a driver-operated hydraulic wheelchair lift. Our passenger van has a large sliding door on the side with a driver-operated hydraulic wheelchair lift in the rear. Our minivan has a sliding door on both sides with a manual wheelchair ramp in the rear.
SAMS is jointly funded by the Ministry of Rural Development, the Province of Manitoba, the Town of Stonewall, the RM of Rockwood, the RM of Woodlands, and the RM of Rosser.
HOURS OF SERVICE:
Monday to Friday from 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM
After hours, weekends and holiday bookings are available by special arrangement only.
To arrange transport, call 204-467-9446. If staff is not available, please leave a message on the answering machine.
STONEWALL & AREA MOBILITY SERVICES RATES:
TYPE OF TRIP
Stonewall - within Town limits
Stony Mountain to Stonewall
Argyle to Stonewall
Balmoral to Stonewall
Grosse Isle to Stonewall
Marquette to Stonewall
Meadows to Stonewall
Warren to Stonewall
Woodlands to Stonewall
Trip to Winnipeg, Selkirk, or Teulon
Stand-by Charges after 1 Hour
Medical reason for trip
$2.00 per half hour
Non-Medical reason for trip
$6.00 per half hour
Within Stonewall Town Limits
Group Rate Charter Beyond Stonewall
$0.60/km plus $20.00 per hour
1. At the arranged pick up time, please be waiting near the ground floor entrance of your building.
2. If you require any extra assistance at your home, on the bus, or at your destination, you are responsible for making these arrangements. (your caregiver will not be charged a fee to accompany you)
3. If you must cancel a trip please notify the SAMS office as early as possible.
4. Payment is to be made by cash or cheque to the driver at the end of the trip. Charging or billing is not allowed except for special circumstances which must be arranged prior to transportation service.
1. The Driver will, when necessary, assist passengers from their building door into the bus or from the bus to their building destination.
2. The Driver does not lift passengers in wheelchairs up or down stairs.
3. The Driver will try to be on time when picking up passengers. If an unavoidable delay occurs, the Driver will attempt to inform the waiting passengers by telephone.